Assisted Housing Relief Program
Effective July 23, 2020, the Maryland Department of Housing & Community Development (DHCD) will accept applications for the new Assisted Housing Relief Program.
The Assisted Housing Relief Program was created to assist families experiencing a COVID-19-related financial hardship that negatively impacts their ability to maintain their rental housing payment. The Program’s assistance will be provided directly to the assisted property – providing relief for tenants at home and for landlords experiencing revenue losses that challenges the sustainability of the housing operation. Tenants in eligible properties may receive assistance for unpaid rents for the period beginning April 1st and ending July 31, 2020. Assistance will be paid directly to the property.
The program is limited to rental units in multifamily projects with State financing or Low-Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC).
Assisted Housing Relief Program Application Notes
· The email’s subject line must include the DHCD project ID and property name as follows:
Delight Meadows Senior, Project ID: 0001
· Applications will be accepted beginning Thursday, July 23, 2020 at Noon;
· All applicant properties must submit a Form W-9 along with their application.
· No applications will be accepted after Friday, July 31, 2020;
· Funding announcements will be made on a rolling basis beginning Wednesday, August 19, 2020; DHCD may close the application process prior to the July 31st deadline if funding is exhausted in advance of that date.